The very best recipe for soft, fluffy buns. What you will love most is the smell of the freshly baked bread. No one can eat only one!
500g flour for bread
15g fresh yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
300ml lukewarm milk
a few drops of olive oil
1/4 glass of semolina
- Sieve the flour and the salt into a bowl.
- Dissolve the yeast in the milk and add the sugar. Mingle well.
- Make a hole in the centre of the flour and pour in the milk. Put some flour on your hands and start kneading. After kneading for a while, the dough should be smooth and soft. If it’s sticky, add some more flour and knead again.
- Coat the dough with some drops of olive oil, cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and let it sit in a warm place for at least 20 minutes. Its size will almost double and this helps the bread to become fluffy.
- Once the dough is ready, knead a little bit with your hands.
- Use a rolling pin (but first put some flour on the surface you will use so that it won’t stick). The dough should be about 1 cm thick.
- Use a glass to cut/form the round buns.
- Sprinkle the buns with the semolina, cover them with a kitchen towel and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan to medium heat without adding anything and fry the buns for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until coloured. The buns will double their size with the heat.
- This quantity makes about 12-14 buns (depending on the size of the glass you use to cut them). If you don’t want to make them all, you can put some of them in the refrigeration. You only need to take them out 30 minutes before frying them next time.
- Once they are ready, you can cut them in the middle, add on top tomato sauce, mozzarella and basil and put it in the oven. You will have mini pizzas ready in five minutes!
And of course, don’t hesitate to add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and enjoy it warm!